MD Admissions Administrative Coordinator
MD Admissions Administrative Coordinator
Job Number: 80783
Job Code: 7500Job Grade: E
Stanford University School of Medicine, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, was founded in 1858 with a mission to be the premier research-intensive medical school that improves health through leadership, diversity, and a collaborative approach to discovery and innovation in patient care, education, and research.
The Office of Medical School Admissions at Stanford University is seeking an MD Admissions Coordinator (100% FTE) to provide administrative, operational, and programmatic support to faculty, staff, and students on medical admissions related concerns. The MD Admissions Coordinator will also work to resolve routine issues within her/his own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference.
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up, and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
About Stanford University School of Medicine
With more than 2,300 faculty, each providing a unique mix of research, education, and patient care effort, organized in 30 academic departments and 16 interdisciplinary institutes and centers, supported by more than 3,900 staff, educating 3,000 students, postdoctoral fellows, clinical residents/fellows, and trainees, and collectively generating about $2.6B in revenues, the School of Medicine is Stanford's largest school and truly a complex organization.
Holistically, the School of Medicine is rooted in an inclusive culture of excellence and diversity that values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that keeps pace with market trends, and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Advanced ability to multi-task.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency