Marketing Manager (REQ. 29073)
The UCLA Technology Development Group (TDG) serves as a campuswide gateway to Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship. Our mission is to promote UCLA innovation, research, teaching and entrepreneurship to benefit society; create economic value to support UCLA’s scholarly and educational missions and the State of California; and lead UCLA’s research community to bring innovation to market.
UCLA TDG is looking for a Marketing Manager to lead its marketing team (2 staff and ~10 paid graduate student Technology Fellows) in developing, implementing, and executing an overall marketing strategy for the activities of the group, including the TDG website, social media, public relations, events, and management of the Technology Fellows program.
This position will increase the awareness of TDG's activities including intellectual property deal successes and technology opportunities - on the UCLA campus, with peer organizations, with Industry, and in the general media.
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- At least 5 years of experience in professional marketing.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Experience with conceiving and implementing marketing strategies across platforms.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to create and deliver effective materials, content, and/or presentations appropriate to a targeted audience.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills to provide clear expectations, guidance and performance feedback to Marketing staff.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct