Associate Director, Development - Advancement
Associate Director, Development - Advancement
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Associate Director of Development
Division: Advancement and Alumni Engagement
Reports To: Vice President for Advancement & Public Affairs
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Associate Director of Development position. Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement & Public Affairs, this position will serve as a key member of a dynamic fundraising team. The Associate Director of Development will be responsible for developing and implementing the advancement strategy for a portfolio of assigned prospects. A successful candidate will have the ability to develop relationships with donors, work with faculty and staff to develop fundable ideas, and solicit gifts from annual, major and lead donors. A competitive candidate for this position should be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently, exercising sound judgment to develop new relationships, and implement effective strategies for solicitation. The ideal candidate will have genuine enthusiasm for engaging with people, belief in the mission of higher education, and a robust sense of humor.
- Create and implement a comprehensive strategic development plan for cultivation and solicitation of a prospect and donor portfolio; visit Discovery prospects in order to qualify them for solicitation in areas within the University's philanthropic goals;
- Focus on managing a portfolio as assigned, devoting 75% of work time toward fund raising activities and 25% of work time toward administrative activities in order to secure the annual fund raising goals;
- Work at the direction of the Vice President for Advancement & Public Affairs to develop strategies for portfolio prospects that address the highest fund raising priorities of the University;
- In partnership with the Advancement team, work with faculty, program staff, athletics department to help encourage and develop fundable ideas;
- Incorporate prospect management techniques including visiting, cultivating, defining strategies, understanding donor interests, and inspiring donors to reach new heights in their philanthropic aspirations for Dominican;
- Work within Advancement metrics to achieve goals for their prospects, for the Advancement division and the university at large;
- Document prospect phone calls, visits, events, and activities in the donor database in a timely manner so that the next steps are clearly articulated and the logical sequence of implementing a donor development process is clear and not redundant;
- Entertain and engage prospects at University events and activities;
- Be well-versed in the activities (both academic and programmatic) of Dominican University of California; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of direct fundraising experience in a nonprofit, preferably higher education environment
- Strong work ethic and high integrity required
- Travel is required
- Proven track record of achieving annual revenue targets
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to work independently to arrange visits with individual prospects
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective and efficient steps to move prospects to the solicitation phase and then solicit the prospect
- Understanding of best practices within the development field
- Experience utilizing fundraising database programs
- Experience in a higher education environment
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by November 26, 2018; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency