Posting Number: 0000828
PS Position#: 00000688
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $44,692 - $49,161 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Counseling Center
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Advise new and continuing students in pre-nursing, allied health, health information, and other assigned programs, as well as provide support for continuing nursing students, as needed. Assist students with career exploration, admissions, enrollment processes, financial aid, university transfer, and related academic concerns, both on the Baytown campus and service area sites, as assigned. Assist with technology access to related online information and form completion. Make referrals to inside/outside agencies, as needed.
When scheduled, academic advisors will also function onsite at service area high schools as a Lee College representative within the respective Consolidated Independent School District and Lee College sites. The advisor will be responsible for assisting in the high school students' success and graduation efforts while fostering student awareness and aspirations toward Lee College and preparing students for admission to Lee College. Travel to service area high schools and Lee College sites and community events will be required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Advise prospective, new, returning, continuing, and/or high school students.
- Work with an assigned caseload of students.
- Assist students with career exploration, especially those without a declared major.
- Work as a team with all student affairs departments.
- Provide support for the Student Success and Advising Center; work the front desk and/or at the information desk, as needed.
- Assist with the admission process.
- Determine Texas Success Initiative obligation based on TAKS, THEA, Accuplacer, or other approved tests, as well as determine applicable exemptions.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Provide degree path/plans and explain degree and certificate programs.
- Assist with the development of Pathways.
- Evaluate unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework.
- Assist with registration by teaching students online processes.
- Assist with resolution of academic issues as an advocate for students.
- Assist with financial aid application and process, as well as exit procedures required for loans.
- Conduct orientations and workshops throughout the academic year.
- Provide group advising and/or group registration stations.
Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- All registration times are considered peak times requiring extra duties, time, and days.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Student Personnel, Psychology, Sociology, Education, or closely related fields
- Two (2) years experience working with students in secondary or post-secondary education
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule with mandatory evenings and weekends
- Assignment will include the Baytown campus and service area sites, including, but not limited to, high schools in East Harris County, Liberty and Chambers Counties, and Lee Colleges sites, which include McNair and Lee College at South Liberty County.
- Bilingual - ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Previous experience as a career advisor
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 11/16/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application, including both a phone number and email address.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5268
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency