The Dallas Nursing Institute is seeking an enthusiastic nurse educator as a NCLEX Strategist to coach, tutor, and provide group/classroom and one-on-one instruction with nursing students preparing for classwork and NCLEX examinations.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to apply knowledge that reflects NCLEX test blueprints, content standards from national nursing organizations, and test item characteristics to standardized examinations
- Competent with technology and the ability to learn multiple websites: Faculty Portal, Canvas, and Moodle
- Professional communication skills: written and verbal
- The ability to implement changes to processes that are in need of improvement
- The ability to be self-directed
- The ability to respond to students daily through personal and computer interaction
- The ability to validate accuracy, relevance, and utility of content associated with test items and review products such as case studies and patient reviews
- The ability to assist faculty during peak periods of exam creation to ensure that all exam production deadlines are met
- Provides feedback to faculty regarding students' progress and needs, and optimization of test item bank/exam bank systems.
- Teach senior students designed to enhance student learning and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrate a dynamic teaching style
- Compassion and patience for striving nursing students
- Cooperative, collaborative working relationships to solve complex faculty and student needs related to tutoring, testing, and review
- Champions the integrity and security of item banks and proprietary assets
- Fosters key relationships with faculty and students
- Challenge and support students to exercise critical-thinking skills
- Use a variety of dynamic teaching strategies, such as small group work, discussion and student presentations, use of case scenarios, interactive learning activities, and storytelling from clinical practice illustrating essential areas of content
- Master's degree in Nursing required
- Five years of teaching and clinical experience as a Master's Prepared Nurse Educator
- Current Nursing licensure in good standing
- Current clinical or teaching experience in a variety of nursing content areas
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
- Ability to lift objects (up to 10 lbs.)
Dallas Nursing Institute offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Dallas Nursing Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dallas Nursing Institute