Retail Sales Associate (Multiple Position Openings)
Provide superior customer service as needed by telephone, in-person, internet, email, or any form of electronic communication. Provide courteous, professional, and prompt service to all customers and patrons for all needs. Perform all opening and closing store duties if assigned to opening and closing store. Operate cash register and handle financial transactions comfortably and accurately. Complete task given by supervisor to keep store merchandised properly, stocked, cleaned, straightened daily, and keep display fixtures well stocked. Assist with the inventory control process by counting store, stockroom, and warehouse merchandise. Perform heavy lifting, retrieve, and deliver shipments from warehouse and stockroom to the sales floor. Consult on a wide variety of college store merchandise which may include but not limited to textbooks, computers and accessories, skin care, and fragrances.
- Perform sales duties at special events, book signings, and athletic events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operates a computerized point-of-sale cash register and performs all related cashier duties as assigned
- Monitor financial aid sales
- Give refunds and perform buyback duties
- Provide information and assistance to customers in the Bookstore and on the telephone
- Stock and display general merchandise
- Participate in physical inventory and all special sales and activities
- May perform data entry and filing duties as necessary
- Additional primary duties as a sales associate include stockroom duties, stocking, restocking, daily cleaning and organizing the stockroom
- Observe and perform loss prevention at all times.
This position is a seasonal temporary position with multiple position openings in the department.
Prior general office/clerical experience required.
Retail experience preferred but is not required.