Maintenance Foreperson (Multiple Openings)
Responsible for the accurate and timely communication with the Master Craftsperson to ensure the completion of tasks and projects related to systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures of equipment or facilities of equipment either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.
- This position requires working with heavy machinery, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Both indoor and outdoor work is required with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Physical exertion is required in most cases.
- Position requires the technician to be able to perform duties on aerial lifts and ladders.
- Position will require driving KSU vehicles (gater, golf carts, etc.) to different areas on campus.
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
- Experience in electrical work required.
- HVAC certification required.
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate safety standards is essential.
- Ability to work in high places necessary.
- Valid state driver's license is mandatory
- Must be able to work dayshift, nightshift or weekend schedules.
- This position requires a valid class "C" driver's license (unrestricted/no permits).
- Must exemplify a commitment to quality work, excellent time-management skills, and attention to detail
- Will be required to maintain accurate records using a computer.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in team settings and provide excellent customer service.
- Must maintain a clean and safe work environment, and maintain professional and appropriate appearance and attitude at all times.
- The ability to understand and comply with building codes, electrical codes, fire codes, and other technical standards and specifications is also required.
The 7-years of experience to include 2 years of supervisory or lead work experience.
- Should be capable of adapting to changing work environments and build upon existing knowledge in the technical application of maintenance work.
- Be able to work with autonomy per the written and verbal guidance and direction of senior management.
- Advanced working knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery.
- Experience in commercial and residential construction, maintenance, and facilities.
- Electrical/HVAC Vocational Technical Training Program.
- ICC Mechanical, Electrical, Fire/Safety Or Plumbing Code Official (Active).
- HVAC Warm Air License Unrestricted (Active).
- EPA Universal refrigerant certification.
- ICC HVAC Inspectors Certification (Active).
- ICC HVAC Plans Examiner Certification (Active).
- HVAC Warm Air License Unrestricted – State of Georgia (Active).