HVAC Technician II - KC
Entry level technician. Perform independent and moderately complex maintenance work including detection and correction of mechanical failures. Perform all general, preventative and supportive maintenance tasks. Assist Technician III level techs and/or Master Craftsperson on emergency and corrective maintenance.
- Job holder must be able to accept verbal and written direction.
- Changing light bulbs and filters throughout campus.
- Clean and paint mechanical rooms, shop areas, equipment, etc.
- Assisting in HVAC & Electrical machinery repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair EPA refrigerant class I and class II equipment.
- Comply with EPA refrigerant protocol.
- Must be available for on-call assignments.
- Working on active systems, energized and de-energized equipment in compliance with NFPA and BOR safety standards
- Compliance with handling, disposing, and documentation or EPA registered chemicals.
- The positions requires the ability to adapt to changing work environments and build upon existing knowledge in technical application of maintenance work.
- Exemplify commitment to quality work, excellent time-management skills, and attention to detail. Required to maintain accurate records using a computer and communicate with others effectively in team settings, providing excellent customer service.
- Must maintain a clean and safe work environment, and maintain professional and appropriate appearance and attitude at all times.
- The ability to understand and comply with building codes, electrical codes, fire codes, and other technical standards and specifications is required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in high places necessary
- Valid state driver's license
- Must be able to work dayshift, nightshift or weekend schedules.
- ICC HVAC Inspector or Plans Examiner Certification (Active)
HVAC Warm Air License Restricted (Active)