Housing Technician III - Multiple Position Openings
Intermediate level Technician. Perform all general, preventative and supportive maintenance tasks. Assist level III techs and Master Craftsperson on emergency and corrective and/or preventative maintenance. Perform independent and high level complexity maintenance work including detection and correction of mechanical failures.
- This position requires the ability to adapt to changing work environments and build upon existing knowledge in the technical application of maintenance work. Candidate must exemplify a commitment to quality work, excellent time-management skills, and attention to detail; and will be required to maintain accurate records using a computer. Must be able to communicate effectively in team settings and provide excellent customer service. This position serves as essential personnel.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work with autonomy per the written and verbal guidance and direction of senior management. Must maintain a clean and safe work environment, and maintain professional and appropriate appearance and attitude at all times. The ability to understand and comply with building codes, electrical codes, fire codes, and other technical standards and specifications is required.
- Position will require driving KSU vehicles (gater, golf carts, etc.) to different areas on campus.
Position requires working with heavy machinery, electrical, and mechanical equipment. Both indoor and outdoor work is required with exposure to extreme temperatures. Physical exertion is required in most cases. Position requires the technician to be able to perform duties on aerial lifts and ladders.
There are 2 shifts available. Morning shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Afternoon: 3 pm - 12 am. Shifts will be assigned upon hire and are subject to change.
Contingent funding: Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
- Ability to work in high places necessary
- Valid state driver's license is mandatory
- Must be able to work dayshift, nightshift or weekend schedules
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate safety standards is essential
- This position requires a valid class "C" driver's license (unrestricted/no permits)
EPA Certification preferred.