Barista - Dining Commons, Kennesaw
Provides general food service related jobs which may include administrative, delivery, cashier, stocking and receiving and dishwashing duties.
*This requisition is a pool posting for purposes of collecting a wide variety of applicants. During the interview process, applicants will be matched to specific openings based on interest, skills, experience, and availability to work. Positions start Fall semester, Aug 1, 2018.*
The Dining Commons, located on the Kennesaw Campus campus, is currently recruiting for the position of Barista to join the University Dining team. Positions available are a mix of part-time and full-time positions, with 10-month and 12-month opportunities. Multiple positions available!
Hours per week range from 19 hours or less, 20-29 hours per week, or 30+ per week. Full-time employees (30+ hours per week or more), are benefit eligible.
Baristas are responsible for performing several job duties, with specific tasks to include:
- Receive orders and prepare coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications
- Field customer questions
- Ensure cleanliness of prep areas, dining areas, drink and condiment counter
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service with timely & speedy delivery of all beverages
- Complete assigned tasks from management every day
- Perform cleaning duties including coffee machines, espresso machine, counters, food cases, floors, and inventory areas
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards
- Preparing specialty hand made beverages for guests and serving desserts to guests.
- Required to ensure food quality, including tasting food for QC.
- Other duties as assigned
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years' related work experience.
- Previous Barista experience is a plus.
- Other suitable experience for the job and willingness to learn procedures.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Courteous, dependable, able to follow both oral and written instructions, ability to work well with diverse population.
- Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance and cleanliness.