Housing Technician II (Multiple position openings)
Entry level technician. Perform independent and moderately complex maintenance work including detection and correction of mechanical failures. Perform all general, preventative and supportive maintenance tasks. Assist Technician III level techs and/or Master Craftsperson on emergency and corrective maintenance.
Multiple position openings: Department is recruiting for multiple technician II positions. All candidates are required to apply to this master posting for consideration of hire.
SCHEDULE: There are 2 shifts available. Morning shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Afternoon: 3 pm - 12 am. Shifts will be assigned upon hire and are subject to change.
- Perform maintenance and general repairs of campus equipment for University Housing
- Managing and completing work orders in a timely manner in an assigned zone
- Position requires driving of KSU golf carts, department vehicles, and requires driving to multi-campus locations
- Assist in HVAC and Electrical machinery repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair EPA refrigerant class I, class II and class III equipment.
- Comply with EPA refrigerant protocol and NFPA and BOR safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Funding: salary for this position is based on revenue generated funds; therefore, continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery
- Ability to work in high places necessary
- Valid state driver's license
- Must be able to work dayshift, nightshift or weekend schedules