Groundskeeper I - Marietta Campus
Provide maintenance/care for institutional buildings and facilities; perform general grounds maintenance tasks: assist with set-up activities required for campus events; move and assemble office furniture/equipment and art work; set-up campus events; other related tasks as assigned. This is manual work involves the performance of tasks of a routine and/or heavy nature that may require a high degree of manipulative skill. As work experience is gained, employees may be assigned to more difficult tasks of a limited, semi-skilled nature. Work is closely supervised with the employee receiving specific instructions at the beginning of each new job.
- Planting and maintaining trees, shrubs, flowers, and lawns.
- Spraying lawns, shrubs, and trees with and pesticides? applying fertilizers.
- Cutting and edging lawns.
- Using hand tools, power mowers, push mowers, and walk behind mowers.
- Raking and load grass, leaves, and brush.
- Cleaning ground and paved areas of trash and debris.
- Extended hours and occasional weekend work may be required on short notice.
- Position will require driving KSU vehicles and golf carts throughout the campus.
- Performing other grounds care related duties.
- Related work experience.
- Must be able to understand/follow oral and written instructions.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a valid driver's license.
Previous grounds work or outdoor work.