Customer Service Specialist II/Barista, Starbucks, Kennesaw (10mo)
The Customer Service Specialist II/Barista is a key component to ensuring a positive guest experience. Often times serving as the first point of customer contact, this individual has the functional responsibility of cashiering, but also responsible for cash management, reconciliation, and register till accuracy. Greets and acknowledges customers, providing a high level of customer service. Counts and reconciles funds during shifts to ensure adequate funds. Maintains neat and professional appearance. Restocks assigned supplies. Accurately and efficiently utilizes POS systems and maintains all cash and media at the registers. As well as communicates customer requests to management.
Starbucks, located on the campus of Kennesaw State University, is currently recruiting for the position of Customer Service Specialist II/Barista to join the University Dining team. This position will be located on the Kennesaw Campus. Multiple positions available!
This is a 10-month position, with a mix of PT and FT opportunities available. Hours per week range from 19 hours or less, 20-29 hours per week, or 30+ per week. Full-time employees (30+ hours per week or more), are benefit eligible.
*This requisition is a pool posting for purposes of collecting a wide variety of applicants. During the interview process, applicants will be matched to specific openings based on interest, skills, experience, and availability to work. Positions start Fall semester, Aug 1, 2018.*
- Receive orders and prepare coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications
- Field customer complaints or questions, as well
- Knowledge of the Starbucks Brand and beverages, as questions are asked about ingredients in drinks, caffeine content, and suggestions made based on flavor pallet. This will be provided through training.
- Ensure cleanliness of prep areas, dining areas, and condiment counter
- Maintain the highest standard of customer relations along with timely & speedy delivery of all beverages
- Complete assigned tasks from management every day
- Perform cleaning duties including coffee machines, espresso machine, counters, food cases, floors, and inventory areas
- May be required to operate cash registers and credit card machines. Credit screening required for those operating as cashiers
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards
- Required to ensure food quality, including tasting food for QC.
- Other duties as assigned
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Courteous, dependable, able to follow both oral and written instructions, ability to work well with diverse population.
- Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance and cleanliness.
- Starbucks brand experience a plus.
- Suitable experience for the job and willingness to learn procedures.