Cooks (Levels I, II, & III) - Stingers Restaurant, Marietta Campus
Assists with all aspects of food preparation as part of the culinary team. Should have open availability to include nights and weekends. Reports to the Sous Chef and assists with gathering food items, reading recipes, and constructing food items. May work in Front of house or Back of house operations.
Stingers Restaurant, located on the campus of Kennesaw State University, is currently recruiting for Cooks to join the University Dining team. We have Cook I, II, and III positions, with a mix of 10-month PT and FT positions. Positions are located on the Marietta Campus. Multiple positions available!
Part-time positions range from 20-29 hours per week. Full-time positions range from 30-40 hours per week. Full-time employees are eligible for a wide range of benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement.
Cooks of all levels are responsible for assisting with all aspects of food preparation as part of the culinary team. Should have open availability to include nights and weekends. Reports to the Sous Chef and assists with gathering food items, reading recipes, and constructing food items. May work in FOH or BOH operations.
*This requisition is a pool posting for purposes of collecting a wide variety of applicants. During the interview process, applicants will be matched to specific openings based on interest, skills, experience, and availability to work. Positions start Fall semester, Aug 1, 2018.*
Cook I: Requires at least 1 year of related work experience. ServSafe certification a plus.
Cook II: Requires 2-4 years of cook experience working in an institutional food service setting or a large-scale production kitchen. High school diploma or equivalent. Suitable experience for the job and willingness to learn procedures. Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends. Basic ServSafe certification desired.
Cook III: Requires 4+ years high volume of experience, with supervisory experience. This is a kitchen lead position. Cook III's lead the preparation of food prep and performs general cooking duties for the dining halls and/or catering events and performs other preparation and sanitation duties as required. Assists in supervising the level I and II Cooks. Leads continuous training in food safety and QC. Significant experience and knowledge of equipment and safety policies, waste management and inventory control measures. May test new recipes. Oversee food quality, station checklists, and other duties as assigned related to kitchen organization. Strong communication and leadership skills necessary.
All Cook positions also require suitable experience for the job and willingness to learn procedures.
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
Required qualifications vary depending on skill level:
Cook I: 1 year related work experience. High school diploma or equivalent.
Cook II: 2-4 years of previous experience working in an institutional food service setting or a large-scale production kitchen. High school diploma or equivalent.
Cook III: 4+ years high volume institutional cook experience. High school diploma or GED with one year of working experience in institutional or commercial cooking operation.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Courteous, dependable, able to take direction, following both oral and written instructions with the ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance and cleanliness.
- Must be a team player and have excellent customer service skills.
- ServSafe certifcation preferred.
- Technical training in commercial food service preferred.
- Knowledge of proper food preparation and storage.
- Knowledge of safe temperatures for serving food and storage or refrigerated and frozen storage of raw and cooked foods.
- Knowledge of principles of food sanitation, health hazards, and necessary precautionary measures.
- Ability to operate standard cooking equipment, and to understand and follow written and oral instructions concerning food preparation and service.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of food service workers.
- Knife skills experience preferred.