Catering Attendant - Multiple Positions Available!
The Catering Attendant is responsible for supporting various on-campus events on both the Marietta and Kennesaw campuses. Reporting to the Associate Director of Catering and the Catering Manager, this position is essential to successful catering execution. This will include event set up, execution, and break down, as well as ensuring adherence to the highest standards of quality of service with the end goal being a positive customer experience. This is a 10 month, partially-benefitted position.
- Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service, running food during events, buffets, plated meals, replenishing product and supplies in compliance with event standards
- Ensure that events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, pulling items, setting up and breaking down, as well as returning equipment to designated storage units in compliance with event standards and instructions
- Address guest needs with a sense of urgency
- Understand safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following established procedures, policies, training and involvement activities
- Operate campus golf carts and oversee Catering Attendant and Lead use and care of vehicles
- Required to ensure food quality, including tasting food for QC
Must be able to work flexible hours, often including nights and weekends. Working hours may vary, which includes nights, weekends, holidays, and special events. Must possess valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record, in accordance with University System of Georgia policy.
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
- One or more years' related work experience.
- Must be willing to take on multiple responsibilities (i.e. food preparation, banquet server, etc...).
- Must be able to be on their feet for long periods. Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- May work outside or in non-climate controlled space.
- Must be able to read and understand simple instructions, memos and short correspondence.
- Must be able to respond to simple inquiries from guests/customers.
- Must be able to do simple mathematical calculation.
- Must be able to make independence decisions.
- Have no less than a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age to serve alcoholic drinks.
Banquet service or external catering experience is a plus.