Barista - Starbucks, Kennesaw (10mo)
Provides general food service related jobs which may include administrative, delivery, cashier, stocking and receiving and dishwashing duties.
*This requisition is a pool posting for purposes of collecting a wide variety of applicants. During the interview process, applicants will be matched to specific openings based on interest, skills, experience, and availability to work. Positions start Fall semester, Aug 1, 2018.*
Starbucks, located on the campus of Kennesaw State University, is currently recruiting for the position of Barista to join the University Dining team. This position will be located on the Kennesaw Campus. Multiple positions available!
This is a 10-month position, with a mix of PT and FT opportunities available. Hours per week range from 19 hours or less, 20-29 hours per week, or 30+ per week. Full-time employees (30+ hours per week or more), are benefit eligible.
Our Starbucks Baristas are responsible for performing several job duties, with the end goal being to service guests with the highest level of Starbucks standards of customer service. Specific tasks include:
- Receive orders and prepare coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications
- Field customer complaints or questions, as well
- Knowledge of the Starbucks Brand and beverages, as questions are asked about ingredients in drinks, caffeine content, and suggestions made based on flavor pallet. This will be provided through training.
- Ensure cleanliness of prep areas, dining areas, and condiment counter
- Maintain the highest standard of customer relations along with timely & speedy delivery of all beverages
- Complete assigned tasks from management every day
- Perform cleaning duties including coffee machines, espresso machine, counters, food cases, floors, and inventory areas
- May be required to operate cash registers and credit card machines. Credit screening required for those operating as cashiers
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards
- Required to ensure food quality, including tasting food for QC.
- Other duties as assigned
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years' related work experience.
- Starbucks brand experience a plus.
Suitable experience for the job and willingness to learn procedures.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
Courteous, dependable, able to follow both oral and written instructions, ability to work well with diverse population.
Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance and cleanliness.