Sr. Engineering Manager
Requisition # 2018-9239
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline 11/16/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 16, 2018
Provide engineering leadership of U.S. ITER Diagnostics and Port Integration activities for which PPPL has responsibility. Participate in strategic planning aimed at expanding PPPL's involvement in ITER construction and future operations.
- Manage the overall execution of PPPL's diagnostics and port integration design (70%) and fabrication (5%) responsibilities*, including:
- Completion of design and manufacturing review deliverables, closeout of design review chits, etc.
- Management of assigned PPPL engineering staff and contractors in the performance of project scope.
- Coordination with staff at the U.S. ITER Project Office, other ITER Domestic Agencies, and the ITER Central Team as necessary to ensure successful execution of U.S. responsibilities.
- Support the U.S. ITER Diagnostics Team Lead (PPPL's ITER Fabrication Dept. Head) in meeting U.S. Project Management expectations, e.g., earned value management, reporting, quality assurance, etc. (20%)
- Includes supervision and support of Control Account Managers (CAMs) assigned to lead the various diagnostics and port integration sub-projects.
- Support the ITER Fabrication Department Head in strategic planning aimed at expanding PPPL's involvement in ITER construction and future operations. (5%)
* Mostly design in the next 3 years.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in fusion-relevant engineering discipline, or large projects.
- At least 15 years' experience in engineering on major research projects, with a record of significant accomplishments.
- At least 3 years' experience as a project team leader, with a record of significant accomplishments.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.