Professor of Law
The College of Law and Public Policy (CLPP) at Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) in Doha seeks candidates for the position of full-time Professor of Law (Open Rank) to begin in the academic year 2019-2020. The candidate would teach in the HBKU CLPP Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree program, the first of its kind in the MENA region. HBKU’s CLPP is situated in Education City, home to the Qatar Foundation and branches of leading universities: Carnegie-Mellon, Georgetown, HEC Paris, Northwestern, Texas A&M, Virginia Commonwealth, Weil Cornell Medical College and University College London as well as HBKU. CLPP was established based on a strategic partnership between HBKU and Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law.
CLPP prepares its graduates to work in a multi-disciplinary environment. In particular, CLPP trains students to understand the diverse legal systems that inform Qatari law and govern the complex events and transactions in which Qatar and its global partners engage. Launched in 2015, the JD graduated its first-class last year. All courses are in English.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate should have a minimum of a JD degree or equivalent qualification in a civil law or common law jurisdiction;
- The PhD, D.Phil. or S.J.D. degree is preferred;
- Candidates should have a superior academic record, with demonstrable evidence of, or a strong potential for, excellence and innovation in teaching, scholarly research and service;
- The candidate would be expected to teach a survey course on intellectual property (IP) law and modules on IP law in existing or new courses as well as additional courses designed by the candidate subject to the appropriate approval;
- The candidate should have a background in the area of IP law, ideally patent law, in its international and transnational context;
- An expertise in the Internet applications of IP law or Law and Technology would be particularly welcome;
- The candidate would be expected to work with other CLPP faculty and the administration in designing courses for a proposed LL.M. degree program in International Economic & Business Law;
- The candidate would be expected to be part of the intellectual life of a talented, vibrant and unique legal community;
- Relocation to or current residency in Qatar is required.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, and medical insurance.
Please submit all materials before December 15, 2018
More searches like this
- Social Sciences Other Student Affairs Jobs jobs in Public Policy
- Criminal Justice Other Student Affairs Jobs jobs in Public Policy
- Political Science & International Relations Other Student Affairs Jobs jobs in Public Policy
- Other Social Sciences Faculty Jobs Other Student Affairs Jobs jobs in Public Policy