Student Applications Administrator for Room Scheduling, Conferences and Special Events
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date September 5, 2018
Position Title Student Applications Administrator for Room Scheduling, Conferences and Special Events
Vacancy # TEMP#090518
Department Student Development and Campus Life
Division Student Development and Campus Life
*** This is a temporary position. *** Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Student Development and Campus, the Student Applications Administrator is responsible for the overall systems administration of the university's room scheduling and on line club and community involvement software application bundles. The administrator will support end users with training and system user authorization, and is assist in the scheduling of space, event resources and event calendar publication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configures applications, develops programs, command procedures and scripts for assigned information systems including but not limited to CollegeNet's 25 Live product suite and Campus Lab's OrgSync (HawkSync) application.
- Manages day-to-day system operations and infrastructure maintenance including, but not limited to: security group assignment, scheduling/editing blackouts, task flow management, room and resource inventory updates, and organization updates.
- Works closely with the Registrar's Office, Center for Student Involvement, Facilities, Athletics, and various conference and event planning offices to coordinate room assignments, maximize utilization of facilities, and resolve scheduling conflicts. Provides guidance, expertise and oversight in the facilitation of efficient and optimized non-academic scheduling of university facilities.
- Troubleshoots system malfunctions, resolves incidents, and consults/coordinates with the software vendor and/or IT regarding updates and technical issues as needed. Monitors the progress of unresolved incidents and reports their status to the AVP.
- Identifies information demands and translates these into new functionality aimed at optimal system usage, including integration of applicable campus systems where possible (HVAC, door access control, work orders, catering, digital signage, etc.)
- Writes queries or designs and produces reports which support the departments within the division. Analyze data to ensure accurate reporting. Maintain, regularly review, update and grow an inventory of legacy reports, system delivered reports and customized reports.
- Works with the Office of Information Technology to identify application server, network and security requirements, and integrations as required to support the applications suite.
- Serves as the primary contact to end-users providing support, training, and managing rights/authorization within the system. Develops/updates training manuals and job aids, and participates in trainings for end-users on a regular basis. Maintains contact with end-users via telephone, e-mail, SNOW tickets, and written correspondence.
- Collaborates with marketing and communications personnel and other departments to improve functionality of calendar publication and ensure accuracy of information posted on university calendars.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes system issues, thinking 'outside' the box ability to develop and test various business process scenarios.
- Completes tasks as assigned to support the implementation of new related technologies. Participates in fit gap and prototyping sessions, configuring systems, testing configurations, setting up tables, importing and exporting data and resolving issues.
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality in instructional and program operations.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and cooperative working relationships with university administrators, faculty and staff, government, and private agencies to accomplish the objectives of the University.
- Ensures accuracy in maintaining data base, financial and associated records.
- Represents the University at conference, seminars or meetings as required.
- Serves on ad hoc committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's degree in related field or substantial experience in information systems is required. Two - five years' experience in the field of event and/or facility management. Two (2) years of professional experience in systems programming including SQL, PL/SQL. Demonstrate technical understanding of the principles and concepts behind application analysis, design analysis and implementations. Must be detail oriented, highly motivated, committed to excellent customer service, and able to demonstrate a high degree of judgement, problem solving and resourcefulness.
Demonstrated proficiency in administration of room scheduling software. Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and manage multiple projects and deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of the University community. Previous experience with Banner, HTML, Java, Microsoft Office Suite, Cognos and Tableau a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION