Part-Time Staff Assistant II, College Relations
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system's only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway. Tomball, Texas 77375-4036
Under general supervision, performs standard and some advanced administrative duties. Generally reports to a Manager-level position and provides support to multiple individuals or a department. Activities are generally routine but may involve non-routine
requests or specialized information. Basic duties may include receiving and logging information, making copies, sorting and distributing mail, coordinating office functions, preparing correspondence and basic reports, scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements, providing information, and contributing to a service-oriented environment.
- Progressively utilizes the features of one or more standard business software packages up to the following skill level:
- Word Processing: Performs sorts and merges, prints mass mailings, selects font attributes and changes.
- Spreadsheets: Designs routine spreadsheets, sets up routine formulas, and prints desired sections.
- Databases: Sets up new database files and recommends screen improvements.
- Scans mail, arranges in priority order, and distributes to one or more managers.
- Screens calls for managers and responds to routine questions.
- Schedules tentative appointments for approval by manager, makes routine travel arrangements. May schedule group meetings.
- Coordinates with other administrative, maintenance, or clerical employees in own department or throughout the college to accomplish such routine activities as ordering supplies, obtaining approvals, and arranging for word processing, document duplication, equipment repair, or travel advances.
- Responsible for safety and maintenance of own equipment; may control or disburse petty cash or monitor expenses charged against department accounts.
- May collect data and perform basic mathematical calculations, including assisting with budget documents and records.
- Some positions may assist in scheduling and inputting classes and/or prepare instructor classroom and project materials.
- Some positions assist students by handling their requests and providing routine information.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with common office software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Access).
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards.
- High school diploma and at least 2 years of related work experience. An equivalent amount of education may be substituted for experience. (30 College Credit hours = 1 year of experience, Associate's = 2 years of experience)
- Associate's degree
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Tomball
Work Locations: 30555 Tomball Parkway (0300) , 30555 Tomball Parkway , Tomball , 77375
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC Tomball - 03
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2018, 9:25:52 PM