Cook III, Graylyn International Conference Center
Winston Salem, NC
Welcome to Wake Forest University's Staff Career Site. To make sure your application is complete, please do the following:
- Note: Load a resume or C.V. first (if available) then supporting documents under the "My Experience" section.
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the process. Once initiated, the application cannot be saved.
- Prior to submitting your application, make sure your candidate profile is current as it will transfer to your application.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Recruiting team via email at [email protected] or by calling 336-758-4700.
Job Description Summary
Assists with production and fabrication of food products. Maintains and/or assists the Dish Washer in keeping an efficient, safe, and clean working environment.
- Communicates daily with Chef for job assignments.
- Produces and fabricates and/or assists with food products for dining and special events.
- Maintains high level of sanitation and safety in the kitchen area.
- Maintains fabricated food items for storage and/or organizes the storeroom and freezer.
- Cook I: Converts recipes for various guest counts.
- Cook II: Assists the Chef with hot line foods and production.
- Cook III: Assists with dish room operation and daily cleaning.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED with at least one year of experience in a hotel kitchen or fine restaurant, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of food sanitation regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Ability to organize materials and products in the kitchen.
- Physical Requirements: medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds occasionally; climbing, crouching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing. Visual acuity to determine neatness and thoroughness of work assignments. Subject to both inside and outside activities.
- Cook I:
- Advanced knowledge of cooking fundamentals.
- Cook II:
- Standard knowledge of cooking fundamentals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hot line a la carte production.
- Cook I and II:
- Demonstrated knowledge of high volume food production.
- Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen equipment and their functions.
- Ability to operate powered kitchen equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments, knowledge of knife cuts.
- Ability to convert recipes using mathematical skills.
- Cook III:
- Knowledge of standard vegetable cuts.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Cook I:
- Culinary degree.
- Supervisory skills.
Additional Job Description
Pay Rate: $11.10 (per hour)
Time Type Requirement
Part time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
All staff positions are open for seven days from the posted date. Applications are reviewed daily for priority consideration.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.