Areas of Intereset: Engineering
Functional Areas: Research Institutes and Labs
Department: Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
Requisition Number: 12918
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
This individual will join a team of software engineers to support and develop data centers that process and distribute science data from NASA space science missions. Duties will include maintenance and improvement of existing systems and development for new data center functionality for both current and future space missions. You will work closely with engineers, scientists and other project participants to:
- Implement software for processing, data management, dissemination, and/or visualization of scientific and engineering data for space science missions.
- Apply software engineering best practices in the development process.
- Support scientists in installing and using software tools and with presentation of data sets.
What You Should Know
***Due to Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Informed. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in the design and development of algorithms and software for management, processing, analysis, and visualization of scientific data sets
- Strong interest and aptitude in software engineering best practices and associated tools
- At least 5 years’ experience programming in Python, and the willingness and ability to learn new languages as necessary.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience building systems in the Cloud (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience processing and analyzing data from space-based scientific instruments is highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience programming in Java, IDL, or Matlab
- Experience using software engineering tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and other Atlassian tools such as Jira and Fisheye/Crucible.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover Letter.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer