Director of Veterans Health & Trauma Clinic
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. New & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
This position directs the development, implementation, and profitable operation of the Veterans Health & Trauma Clinic. This position develops and enhances the clinical and business policies and procedures necessary to provide high-quality and effective services to veterans, first responders, trauma survivors and their families while meeting the requirements of payors, laws, and ethical standards. This position interacts with other clinics and outside organizations to develop the relationships necessary to meet the integrated care needs of the clinic's constituency. This position also carries an expectation of 20% to 50% client caseload (to be determined upon hire).
Examples of Work Performed
Provide training, consultation, and supervision to clinicians and staff. Enhance and develop policies and procedures. Advise on appropriate measures for client and clinician outcomes. Provide psychotherapy and other forms of psychological support to clients, provide advice and subject-matter assistance to clinicians. Stay informed about research on evidence-based practices for mental health disorders.
Specific job duties include:
- Provide overall direction for the design, development and implementation of the clinical and business operations of the VHTC.
- Provide direct services to veterans, first responders, trauma survivors and their families.
- Supervise clinicians providing services to clients of the clinic.
- Recruit, hire or contract, and train licensed clinicians for the clinic.
- Implement peer supervision and consultation programs for clinicians in the clinic.
- Develop and enhance the clinical and business policies and procedures.
- Serve as the liaison between the clinic and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with contracts, billing, and credentialing resources assigned to the Lane Center.
- Represent the VHTC in community activities that impact military and veteran, first responders, trauma survivors and their families
- Actively participate in marketing activities that affect the success of the VHTC.
- Interact with faculty and students in the Ph.D. clinical program supporting training at the VHTC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge base and skill sets are critical for this position:
- Extensive knowledge about trauma related issues facing veterans and civilians including common psychological disorders (i.e. substance abuse and dependence, suicide risks, major depression, and anxiety disorders) and trauma specific challenges including PTSD, family violence, anger issues, and work related stress.
- Training and experience with evidence-based trauma treatments, consulting with diverse agencies, measuring outcomes, and working directly with a wide range of behavioral health clients.
- Training and experience with risk assessment and crisis intervention strategies.
- Ability to represent the VHTC both internally and externally in a professional and collegial manner.
- Understanding of organizational group dynamics, ability to quickly develop rapport, and experience with building team cohesion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
$81,000 to $115,000
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Currently holds an unrestricted mental health license in Colorado and a Master's Degree or above in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or Behavioral Science.
- Currently credentialed with at least one commercial or government insurance payor (can include the Veterans Administration).
- At least 5 years Clinical Leadership experience.
- At least 5 years of experience providing treatment to military clients and understanding of military culture.
- At least 5 years' experience with at least 1 DOD approved trauma treatment protocol.
- Currently licensed in Colorado as a Psychologist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, or Psychiatrist (with active DEA licenses as applicable).
- More than 5 years experience treating military-related trauma.
- More than 5 years Leadership experience in clinical group practice including personnel management.
- Experience in psychological support program development and evaluation.
- Currently credentialed with Tricare or Medicare.
Special Instructions to Applicants:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by October 3, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official transcripts will be required upon hire. • Appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, to include criminal, and sex-offender checks per campus policy. • No travel allowance provided for interviews. • Cover letter must clearly address at least all minimum qualifications.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40386 - AA-Trauma, Health & Hazard Ctr
Posting Date: Sep 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Elyse Dunckley
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00420507