Food Service Manager - Fuzzy's Taco
Food Service Manager - Fuzzy's Taco
Food Service Manager
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods in our Dining Halls. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Dining Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Manager - Fuzzy's Taco to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Daily supervision of food presentation and exceptional Guest service in the Retail Dining Operation.
* Manage an internal or national food branded concept. Duties include ordering, receiving and stocking, inventory, training in-house and brand standards, line service, food safety, action stations, supervising/instructing the work of cooks and other food service employees.
* Follows food safety policies, procedures, and standards for in house or national brand compliance.
* This role typically functions as an expert in a specified area of work or services (brand standards, service standards, production standards, opening or closing assigned areas, equipment usage,) etc.
* Duties are standardized, resolves and routing questions where issues have occurred.
* Will be required to work some weekends.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's Degree in related field and two years of experience in food service management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge of food preparation and food service management in a large food service unit, employee health, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitation requirements, hazards to human life and health that can occur from improper food preservation and service, kitchen equipment, kitchen implements, and advanced food preparation and processing procedures.
* Skill in the preparation and service of food, and service etiquette.
* Skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates.
* Ability to maintain time and cash receipts records.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Rigidity with compliance to documented service and production standards.
* Ability to identify and seek help when needed.
Required: Must be Food Safe Certified or able to obtain certification within 6 months.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years of management experience.
* Great work ethics.
* Outgoing personality.
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting UNT Residential Dining operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting