Assistant Director, Marketing
Gleacher Center – Downtown
30336 Bus-Executive Education
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Assistant Director, Executive Education Marketing will assist in the management of marketing campaign activities such as digital media buys, direct mail, and campaign strategy to support Chicago Booth Executive Education program enrollment.
- Manage and execute integrated marketing plans for executive education programs.
- Work closely within a cross-functional marketing team to create lead generating marketing activities for the purpose of increase program enrollments.
- Manage digital media program buying which includes negotiating placements and rates, building media plans, presenting concepts to internal stakeholders, analyze results, and identifying optimization opportunities.
- Coordinate messaging across multiple mediums such as print, digital, email campaigns and search engine marketing to ensure creative is consistent and relevant to end-user.
- Manages outside creative and production vendor and agency relationships to maximize effectiveness; creates clear performance metrics with vendors and agencies; holds vendors and agencies accountable for performance.
- Assist in the execution of direct mail campaigns and email production.
- Manage program video production for marketing promotion and Youtube channel.
- Manage production budgets for each campaign based on analysis of historical performance.
- Proactively initiate ideas for testing new integrated marketing campaigns and work with internal and external resources to develop and execute.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required.
- At least two years of experience in an integrated marketing functional role required.
- Experience in media planning preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation software and CRMs preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Excellent communication and organization skills required.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships required.
- Ability to manage projects to on-time, on-budget, successful completion with an emphasis on effective communications across all stakeholders, required.
- Adobe CS InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator experience preferred.
- Ability to make decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment, required.
- Ability to set and achieve challenging goals required.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment filled with many priorities and time deadlines required.
- Adaptability to change and to align performance and thinking to the current need of the department and the business required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/