Open date: July 1st, 2018
Next review date: August 1st, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Neurological Surgery in the School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, The Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of California, Irvine anticipates openings for an Adjunct Professor at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level in the following fields: General Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery, Cerebrovascular, Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy, Movement Disorders,, Neuro-behavior, Neuromuscular Disease, Neuro-Oncology Neuro-Ophthalmology, Neuro-Otology, Neuropsychiatric Testing, Trauma, Pain Management.
Requirements - We invite applicants who have completed a Post-doctoral Fellowship in systems related to fields noted above. Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. degree, with knowledge of functional brain imaging and cognitive or systems neuroscience to assume a position as a senior scientist.
This is a non-tenure track faculty position in the Department of Neurological Surgery, and comes with an initial period of guaranteed funding. Candidates with independent funding will be given special consideration. Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability of support. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please log onto UC Irvine's recruitment site located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04729
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity: a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion must also be included in the application materials
Department of Neurological Surgery
University of California, Irvine
101 The City Drive
200 Manchester, Suite 210
Orange, CA 92868
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Orange, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 5-8 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now