Specialist III, Call Center
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
The Specialist III, Call Center will function as the first response access point for all students. Trouble-shoot the student center and receive inbound calls from faculty, staff, community members, and students from all Lone Star College campuses that need assistance with Admissions issues, updating student account, Registration processes, Advising information, and Business Office functions. The Specialist III will provide information, direction, and step by step instructions to educate students on self-service modules.
- Monitor all employees within the call center to provide consistent information to callers; maintain all registrations through email inboxes with little to no supervision
- Create and deliver communications to applicants and currently enrolled students thus promoting enrollment and retention of the student body
- Analyze residency requirements that affect student tuition
- Analyze academic reports to verify if students qualify for graduation
- Educate students on how to navigate their student center
- Analyze transcripts ensuring they are meeting TSI, state law, and prerequisite requirements
- Oversee and provide leadership to call center employees. Assist with training new hires
- Maintain weekly reports for direct supervisor
- Support staff by providing clerical, analytical, administrative and/or operational support under general supervision; occasionally handle sensitive and confidential issues or documents
- Answer or direct to appropriate personnel/office any callers requesting assistance. Create Service Now Tickets for changes required on student account to the appropriate department
- Advice students by explaining the degree / program types, services, and options available including prospective students during peak registration and before each enrollment period
- Maintain and conduct correspondence with students, advisors, key staff members, professors, and VP's of Instruction to properly evaluate student records for completion purposes
- Provide support and perform compliance for all areas of the Admission & Records Department
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a fast-paces office environment
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use common office software products, with a focus on Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with overlapping time frames without sacrificing efficiency and accuracy
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- The position's hours are specifically evenings and weekends (Saturdays)
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are Word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 9:32:11 PM