University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Overall Description of Responsibility or Nature of Work
This position reports directly to faculty in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics.
Specific Position Duties with Percentages of Time
[1st area of responsibility]:
- Conduct a wide range of Biochemistry research
[2nd area of responsibility]:
- Assist in preparation of grant applications for NIH, and other multiple granting agencies
- Writing of scientific papers for peer-reviewed journals
- Presentation of research at various international meetings and conferences
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with collaborators in both academic and industry settings as our research needs demand
- Interface with collaborators
- Excellent communication skills using the English language.
- Research grant application and manuscript writing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:This is an ongoing search
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12842
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20085 - SOM-BioChem&Molecular Genetics
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00744252