Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic - Receptionist
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/Depression Center/Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Military Family Clinic
Receptionist (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #00742741 - Requisition #15081
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) - Receptionist (Administrative Assistant II). This role is responsible for registering and scheduling clients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily client schedules, triaging incoming client reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications, facilitating provider and client administrative needs, data entry, scanning and filing, generating daily worksheets, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics. NOTE: The clinic is located in the Denver Tech Center (DTC).
Examples of Work Performed:
- Operate the main switchboard at the Clinic by routing calls, assisting with outgoing calls long distance calls, etc.
- Serve as the main receptionist for the Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing visitors and staff.
- Serve as a first point of contact for clients.
- Present a professional image, maintaining a calm, professional manner knowing that some callers are consumers or family members and may be agitated, stressed, or present a difficult communication situation.
- Provide direction and assistance in locating staff members, as needed.
- Check-in clients by using the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Manage clinician schedules
- Schedule follow-up appointments through the EHR system.
- Serve as primary back-up for Clinic staff in taking and distributing messages as needed.
- Report problems with the telephone system to appropriate staff and coordinate with service personnel as needed to correct problems.
- Maintain current information on all Clinic services and other community services to assist consumers, staff, and the general public in accessing the Clinic and other community services.
- Serve as back-up for the coordination and scheduling of meetings for providers and the Clinic's leadership team, including management of all meeting details (materials, meals, room reservations, parking etc.).
- Serve as back-up for the coordination with applicants in order to schedule interviews; providing all appropriate applicant information to Faculty/Staff prior to interview.
- Serve as general back-up to administrative support staff performing tasks such as faxing, preparing documentation for distribution internally or for external mail out, copying, and meeting preparation.
- Properly direct calls to other locations/units/agencies.
- Cross-train support staff on switchboard coverage and mail operations.
- Manage provider and faculty schedules.
- Manage Clinic-wide room schedules.
- Verify insurance coverage.
- Perform data entry.
- Provide daily worksheets and appointment charge sheets for the Clinic.
- Provide referrals to callers and clients.
- Serve as primary mail clerk for the Clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting of outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off.
- Primary contact for external courier service.
- Fax attendant, including retrieving, sorting, and distributing faxes to appropriate staff.
- Collect and record client co-pays and payments for miscellaneous books, classes, supplies, etc. Payments are collected in cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Maintain a daily log of accounts receivable checks and consumer checks, mailed to the Clinic.
- Supervise copy room attendant and assist with any problems as needed.
- Supervise shredder functions and provide staff support as needed.
- Oversee functions of the cleaning patrol.
- Assist in preparation and execution of Clinic events.
- Respond to email requests promptly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Evening and Weekends may be required to accommodate the schedule of clients served.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 34,068 - $40,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of general clerical experience, which included one year of experience working as a front desk receptionist or administrative support.
- College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis but not for the specific required experience.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekends as required to accommodate the schedule of clients served.
- Two or more years of experience as a front desk receptionist or administrative support.
- Experience working with general office equipment (i.e. fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Experience working with Veteran and Military population.
- Experience working in a medical practice.
- Experience working with 3rd-party payers, coding, billing, posting, and adjudication of claims.
- Experience collecting, analyzing and reporting financial data.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service.
- Must have been able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients.
- Ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages.
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.
- Ability to maintain familiarity with the clinical staff members and layout of the facility in order to assist patients/visitors.
- Ability to prioritize workload appropriately.
- Basic PC skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office and other programs.
- Must be familiar with general office equipment (i.e. fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Must be personable, friendly and work well under pressure, especially when assisting patients.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well with others on the team.
- Ability to answer a variety of questions effectively and keep traffic moving within the clinic is essential.
- Organizational office skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others is necessary for daily responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal skills via phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders including: clients, staff members, external visitors, vendors, drug reps, other University staff members, etc.
- The individual in this position maintains a positive attitude and high level of professionalism to uphold our image to the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Gillian Kaag at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21384 - SOM-PSYCH-Depression GenOps
Posting Date: Nov 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gillian Kaag
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00742741