JOB NO.: 106508-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VET M/RADIOLOGY/RADIO-THER
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 106508
Working Title: VETERINARY TECH
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 3(35303) or VETERINARY TECH 2(35302) or VETERINARY TECH 1(35301)
Hiring Department: A878540-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/RADIOLOGY/RADIO-THER
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
$15.35 - $31.04
This is an advanced level position requiring extensive technical knowledge, skill and independence of action in support of the daily operational needs of the Oncology Service of the UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). Flex between Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology based on staffing needs. Position responsibilities require the individual to demonstrate initiative and the ability to make independent discretionary judgments with respect to both instructional and technical responsibilities. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Oversees and assures that high quality nursing care is administered and maintained in the primary care of animal patients.
2) Participates in instruction of veterinary students and training of veterinary technicians.
3) Monitors veterinary student participation in daily receiving schedules, initiates changes and lends assistance when needed.
4) Assists supervisor in problem-solving activities and administrative tasks.
5) Participates and understands the importance of working as a team member within the hospital structure (i.e.communication with supervisors and faculty for enhancing productivity and quality patient care).
6) Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate proposed ideas and solutions.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm with a 30 minute lunch but covering 7:00am-3:30pm when doing non-human primates from the primate center.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on "Apply Now" to begin the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. You will also be asked to provide the contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 2 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 16 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time