Assistant Director of Identity Management
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position supervises all aspects of Identity Management and Provisioning activities. This includes technical, project/program management for Identity-related initiatives, as well as functional management of the Identity and Access Services group. The Assistant Director of Identity Management oversees a team of six direct reports. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Definition and Management of the Identity Program Space:
- Define and execute the Identity Management space. Which includes:
- Identification and mastering of person data
- Management of user data
- Provisioning and de-provisioning users
- Authentication services to all enterprise application
- Database and middleware application
- Create and assist in the development and articulation of the program roadmap.
Project / Implementation Management:
- Implement milestones identified in the program roadmap in accordance with UIS Project Management Office (PMO) best practices as well as industry best practices, particularly those promulgated by Project Management Institute.
Production Service Management:
- Oversight of the various service elements implemented to form the Identity Management portfolio.
- Ensure vitality of the services performed by the Identity Management team which includes:
- Stakeholder management both internal and external, uptime, and service continuity
- Crafting appropriate service and operating level agreements
Staff Management / Supervision:
- Provide staff supervision, working to achieve a particular objective.
- Oversee personnel decisions within the group, which include:
- Hiring, development, coaching, performance planning, evaluation, disciplinary action, and termination decisions and activities within the team.
University-Wide Collaboration on Identity Services:
- Develop a cohesive service environment within the entire university system.
- Collaborate with the various campus constituents, as well as other system entities which impact, or are impacted, by the Identity Management Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of Identity Management best practices.
- Knowledge of project management best practices.
- Knowledge of an familiarity with protocols such as LDAP, XML, WSDL, and SAML
- Ability to oversee a project from concept through execution.
- Ability to train, lead, and oversee a successful team.
- Ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a network / matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $120,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Day: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. A combination of education, technology training and industry certifications, and related experience may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Three (3) years of full-time or equivalent experience in the Identity Management Space to include the following:
- Experience with the PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications (e.g. HCM, Finance, Campus Solutions, CRM)
- Experience with the Oracle Identity Manager
- Knowledge of provisioning/de-provisioning, password management and Audit reporting
- Experience with technologies that support identity federation (e.g., SAML, WS-Federation, etc.).
- Three (3)+ years' experience designing security and identity solutions
- Three (3)+ years' experience including the following:
- Managing personnel, including developing/mentoring direct reports through performance reviews to ensure continuous improvement, high performance and employee retention
- Managing projects, services or processes within a department with proven ability to execute decisions using strategic and tactical skill-sets
- Working closely and effectively with a diverse group of administrators through projects and operations; strong interpersonal and leadership skills; proven ability to effect and influence change through a collaborative and inclusive style.
- Masters or PhD in Information Technology or Business
- Previous IT experience within an institution of Higher Education
- Previous experience leading a community of developers who don't share a common reporting structure toward a coherent and usable product
- Work experience with Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Federation product (Ping Federate; CA Federation Manager, Tivoli federated identity manager, Oracle identity federation)
- Clustering & high availability implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in utilizing best practices and standard processes (such as ITIL) for managing IT operations
- Experience with:
- UNIX/Linux systems
- Oracle Enterprise Databases
- Batch Scheduling systems (e.g. UC4)
Special Instructions to Applicants:This position will be open until filled. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jul 3, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00699366