Nurse Manager and Preventative Care Specialist
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Student Health Services takes pride in providing excellent service and care for our UCR Students. Student Health facilitates student wellness by providing medical care and a variety of healthcare resources for enhancing health and well being. The Nursing and Preventive Care Manager will provide direct supervision to all nursing and ancillary support staff and will coordinate Student Health Preventive Care Services and directly and with the Nursing team. The Nursing and Preventive Care Manager will work closely with the Chief Physician to analyze, define, manage and coordinate appropriate clinical support in primary care, triage, treatment, travel and immunizations. The Nursing and Preventive Care Manager will also be in charge of programs to meet AAAHC Accreditation and work with the Chief Physician to develop, implement, analyze and evaluate performance improvement programs. The Nursing and Preventive Care Manager may also provide direct nursing care of patients as needed. The Nursing and Preventive Care Manager coordinates and oversees Student Health Preventive Care Services working with the Nursing team. In addition, the Nursing and Preventive Care Manager is responsible for conducting preventive care services as needed. The scope of preventive care includes the Nursing team working with individual patients, evaluating laboratory and other test results and current health behaviors to assess the need for lifestyle modifications and counsels individual patients on healthful lifestyle and behavior changes and provides encouragement and motivation. The Nursing and Preventive Care Manager collaborates with Student Health and Health & Wellness Services partners in health promotion projects.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, staff members, and other members of the medical community.
Knowledge of the principles and practice of management and supervision.
Solid knowledge of supervising a medical care unit.
Solid knowledge of patient need and care assessment.
Proficiency in health science content skills to personally conduct health education programs on multiple sugjects including weight management, physical fitness, stree management, nutrition education, smoking cessation, etc.
Knowledge of electronic/medical record systems.
Knowledge of leadership and supervision of nursing staff.
Must possess excellent oral and written communications. Strong working experience with EMR.
Must be computer literate.
Broad clinical skills in providing and supervising the appropriate medical care to patients.
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with other entities on campus engaged in health promotion and education efforts.
Demonstrate strong program planning skills and ability to develop and faciliate team based efforts. Ability to work effectively in a large, complex organization, and exercise independent judgement and creative thinking.
Must be able to handle difficult, sensitive and confidential situations tactfully.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview