Administrative Assistant - Harvest Shared Services Center
8AM - 5PM
$40,674 - $57,650
The Harvest Shared Services Center delivers academic personnel, payroll, and human resource services for the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), and also provides payroll and leave administration services for the College of Humanities and Social Services (CHASS), The Office of Research and Economic Development (RED), The University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (UCMEXUS), and Academic Senate. The unit is divided into three sections: Academic Personnel, HR and Payroll, each led by a Director. The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the unit, to include: maintaining each director's calendar, taking minutes at staff meetings and following-up on action items, and serving as the first point of contact for the public. The incumbent must be detail oriented as well as, maintain appropriate discretion to deal with confidential and sensitive issues.
Demonstrated administrative experience
Demonstrated skill utilizing Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word & Excel. Operational experience with PowerPoint and Internet. Demonstrated knowledge in maintaining calendars for individuals using web-based calendaring software.
Administrative support experience, including strong organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Demonstrated skill and experience writing clear, concise and grammatically correct correspondence and meeting minutes as needed.
Experience prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner under the pressure of deadlines and interruptions.
Demonstrated experience working independently and as a member of a team.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to professionally interact with faculty, staff, students and co-workers. Ability to provide information and direction to a diverse population in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Ability to work in an environment that requires a high level of confidentiality.
Administrative experience in an academic environment providing administrative support for staff and/or faculty.
Demonstrated experience with UCR on-line service systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview