Financial Aid Counselor - Return to Title IV
Financial Aid Counselor - Return to Title IV
Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid - 164860
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial guidance and assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements. Through educational endeavors and student outreach, SFAS remains a vital contributor to UNT's enrollment success.
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Financial Aid Counselor to join our Loan and Accounting Team.
This is professional work providing immediate and comprehensive service to customers relative to Federal, State and Institutional regulatory requirements, awarding financial aid, calculating Federal need analysis eligibility, performing detailed technical duties, conducting financial aid presentations, maintaining professional knowledge, performing special projects and providing intensive educational loan program data.
The Financial Aid Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Financial Aid Counselor to join our team for Return to Title IV. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with Return to Title IV duties and developing office policy regarding the Return to Title IV Funds
* Counseling and routing incoming inquiries regarding financial aid application processes, aid program availability, need analysis, verification requirements, satisfactory academic progress and ineligibility for aid.
* Assuming accountability for and maintaining knowledge of federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations.
* Determining and explaining formulas and calculations.
* Assessing program eligibility for various financial aid programs.
* Accessing, utilizing and updating information into the PeopleSoft system, ImageNow, NSLDS and FAA Access.
* Sending, retrieving and reviewing daily electronic loan transmissions, loan entrance/exit counseling reports and other loan area specific tasks.
* Write and update procedural documentation.
* Participate in orientations and other events as needed to promote awareness of Financial Aid and Default Aversion.
* Serve as liaison between students/parents and other university personnel and related federal and state agencies.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree and two years of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Ability to problem-solve, multi-task and organize in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years of experience within a Financial Aid Office
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
* Knowledge of Federal and State rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
* Working knowledge of the federal regulations that govern the Return to Title IV calculations
* Customer service experience in multiple settings
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* The physical ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
* Ability to problem-solve and make decisions
* Skill in composing routine letters and preparing reports
* Skill in recording and compiling material for reports
* Ability to work independently
* Excel and Data Analysis experience
* Strong public speaking skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting