NetDragon Digital Research Ctr - 190010
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The University of North Texas has an enrollment in excess of 38,000 students and is located in the DFW Metroplex. UNT is a tier one research University with 63 degree programs rated within the top 100 in field of study. The campus is also located in Denton County, the top rated county in the US for economic development and growth. The Division of Enrollment at UNT is committed to the support and realization of the University of North Texas' strategic enrollment goals. As a collaborative, the Division is dedicated to recruiting, enrolling and retaining a highly-talented and diverse community who will graduate and contribute greatly to the state of Texas and communities beyond. The Division is resolute in its pursuit to continuously improve communication, processes and services to assist students to enable them in their pursuit of higher education and enhance their experience.
The Division of Enrollment is seeking to hire a Project Manager to assist with the creation of the Smart Campus application.
This position is project based, and will end upon successful completion and integration of the Smart Campus application.
The development of this application is a collaborative effort between UNT and external development company, NetDragon Websoft. This position will serve as the sole project manager throughout the planning, development and implementation of this new university wide application. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Serving as primary communication liaison between UNT and NetDragon throughout the planning, development and implementation phases.
* Assisting with the establishment of milestones and deadlines, and ensure all parties remain on target throughout each cycle.
* Continuously meeting with all responsible and impacted parties to document required features and functionality, and assist to ensuring clear communication between developers and stakeholders.
* Creating and distributing detailed and effective documentation regarding all aspects of the project.
* Providing continuous updates to all stakeholders regarding the development phases, and assist with the creation and facilitation of beta testers to ensure viability of end product.
* Managing all budgetary and time-frame constraints that may impact the delivery and implementation of the end product.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Experience with project management tools and their effective use in managing projects.
* Understanding of project management principles.
* Ability to manage projects across organizational boundaries to successfully complete projects.
* Excellent oral and written communications capabilities.
* Demonstrated ability to produce reports and weekly updates to management.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with project management principles specifically relating to the development of technology integrations.
* A general understanding of application development cycles and terminology.
* Experience with projects that span international boundaries.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting