Autism Center - 132710
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 7 AM - 4 PM
The UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center (KFAC) conducts evidence-based direct services, research, and training to positively impact individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, their families, and the community.
The Autism Center Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Behavior Technician to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Providing for the instructional and therapeutic needs of clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
* Implementing skill acquisition and and behavior-reduction plans developed by Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
* Engaging in ongoing data collection and analyses of client performance on individual goals and objectives.
* Maintaining awareness of trends and best practices in the area of autism intervention.
* Assisting clients with physical needs and personal care according to their needs, including lifting, positioning, feeding, toileting, and personal hygiene.
* Attending and participating in staff meetings, training, and special events as required.
* Performing other related duties as job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of the department.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities, a basic understanding of behavior analytic principles and procedures, and knowledge of evidence-based practices.
Registered Behavior Technician credential or the ability to obtain within 6 months, not to exceed one year; required to maintain recertification.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Basic understanding of autism spectrum disorders and evidence-based practices.
* Ability to work with clients with autism spectrum disorders.
* Ability to be patient, flexible, versatile and cope with stressful situations.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience working with individuals with ASD.
* Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practices.
* Ability to serve as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team in making decisions regarding client programming.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes.
* Develop knowledge and awareness of KFAC policies and procedures, and demonstrate KFAC Core Values.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and three references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting