Research Program Assistant
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Department of Health Policy and Management in the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University seeks an energetic, detail-oriented individual to serve as a Research Program Assistant for its National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership (NCMLP) project. NCMLP works to improve the health of communities by leading health care, law, and public health sectors in an integrated approach to addressing the social determinants of health.
This position is specifically charged with managing all relevant administrative functions related to NCMLP's portfolio of national projects. The successful candidate should possess strong project management, communication, writing and organizational skills.
This position will report to NCMLP's Lead Research Scientist. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Field requests for information from outside partners organizations and individuals;
• Assist in the development of reports for funders and others regarding training and technical assistance activities.
• Coordinate conference activities and participation for annual conference as well as multiple conferences for team members during the year;
• Coordinate speaker and staff travel and vendors as necessary;
• Develop, manage and run regular webinar schedule;
• Assist team in management of data activities for field contacts,
• Manage student interns;
• Manage all team resources (e.g., Dropbox, webinar service, etc.); and
• Coordinate team meetings.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• BA/BS and 1 or more years of experience working in a dynamic organization;
• Superb writing and communication skills;
• Ability to supervise interns ;
• Exceptional project management skills with the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple projects at once;
• Mission-driven and committed to work in a public health setting; and
• Desire and capacity to thrive as part of a small, fast-paced, collaborative team.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research Administration Sub-Family Research Program Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007751 Job Open Date: 11/02/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter