CLINICAL GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
CLINICAL GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
DoM Research Administration
- Read and interpret clinical trial study documents including Protocol, Budget, Contract, Informed Consent, and Laboratory Manual.
- Develop study budgets and prepare compliant internal cost assessments (ICAs), paying close attention to allocability and allow ability of research expenditures, using the tools and resources provided by the University.
- Develop and review contract budget and payment terms and negotiate the most favorable terms for the institution, in coordination with clinical study investigators and their study team, departmental grants staff and appropriate institutional offices (e.g.,OCRC, DOCR, ORA).
- Prepare trial trackers that reflect the enrollment, budget and payment terms agreed to in the contract/award document upon contract execution and prior to study start-up.
- Prepare process and/or approve requests for human participant payments via Duke guidelines, ensuring timeliness, quality and compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Prepare a monthly AR JV summary reflecting accrued enrollment and cash funds received for each fiscal period.
- Manage and oversee project revenue which may require trial tracker review, invoicing, accounts receivable monitoring, collection and deposits.
- Prepare and process JVs for timely management fee transfers of assigned WBSEs per departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Reconcile patient care expenses from Maestro Care to SAP R/3 for assigned WBSEs per departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Advise faculty and divisional staff on administrative and financial requirements in preparing grants, contracts and other research agreements, including timelines and deadlines for both University and sponsor.
- Provide guidance to faculty and divisional staff on the requirements of the IRB, IACUC, COI, IBC and other research-related regulations.
- Compile, maintain and analyze financial data which may include special projects and metrics.
- Monitor sponsor, regulatory and institutional compliance with contract terms and institutional policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute in the development, implementation and monitoring of departmental process.
- Prepare and compile departmental response for requests received from institutional offices.
- Provide training and education to divisional staff as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective research support in the Department of Medicine.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multitask while efficiently and independently completing high quality work
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting processes
- Excellent computer skills, with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience in the conduct of clinical research and/or budget/proposal management experience preferred
2647 GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Research or grants education and/or certification is preferred.Successful completion of Financial Services Introduction to R3,Introduction to Duke GL, Introduction to Accounting, Sponsored ResearchReporting, Research Administration at Duke (on-line), Basic Compliance(on-line) within first six months of hire is required.Successful completion of the Research Administration Academy (RAA) isrequired. Employees hired into this classification without RAA trainingwill work closely with their manager to schedule and complete thetraining within 12 months of start date. The expectation is that thestaff member will maintain the requirements for their level. Failing tomeet these requirements will be addressed through the performance reviewprocess.Upon successful completion of expected training, the employee mustmaintain certification(s) by completing continuing educationrequirements.
No experience required for candidates who possess a Bachelor's orMaster's degree in a field of study directly related to the specificposition.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.