Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-02-2018
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the coordination of all conference registration information and revenue. This position will assist with the processing of conference participant-related materials and other necessary documents. This position also is frequently expected to be on site at events to register participants. The incumbent will also coordinate reception within Conference Services and act as support staff as needed.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Twenty-four (24) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Specialist level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Prior database experience and the ability to be trained in conference registration software specifically used by Conference Services
2. Working (intermediate to advanced) knowledge of Excel and Word-specifically mail merges
3. Prior experience with financials and reconciling
4. Ability to interact with diverse audiences
5. Ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities
6. Ability to deal with unusual requests which result from conference facilitation
7. High attention to detail
8. Excellent communications skills (including the ability to proofread)
9. Ability to prioritize, multitask, and be flexible around the changing needs of the office
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.