Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-02-2018
The Technical Writer is a Service Support Specialist who produces high-quality documentation and other materials used by University employees, personnel, and stakeholders. This role will join the Comptroller's Office team and work closely with key subject matter experts to improve the user experience of University processes. This position will play a critical role in delivering well written documentation that have a positive experience for University employees, personnel, and stakeholders and drive workforce performance.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing, English, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
2. Three (3) years of professional experience working as a Technical Writer or completing technical writing duties.
3. Two (2) years of professional experience working with technical writing application(s).
4. Demonstrated working knowledge and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) and related applications.
5. Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft.
6. Demonstrated understanding of computerized data processing.
7. Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
8. Demonstrated ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
9. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize.
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Demonstrated business experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge regarding the enterprise resource planning system, programs and the logic surrounding the system.
3. Demonstrated ability to understand the interrelationships with other university systems.
4. Demonstrated ability manage and pay attention to details.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with fiscal agents, department heads and other university administrators.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.