Datatel Support Associate
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-02-2018
This position is highly technical in nature. The position involves software installation and upgrades, systems problem resolution, systems security, and planning and recommendations for system upgrades. Duties include work with multiple software applications and using various query languages.
1. Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
a) Progressively more responsible work experience in IT related profession including database management or programming.
b) college course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
-60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one year
-90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two years.
2. One (1) year of professional experience creating and maintaining queries.
3. One (1) year of professional experience with end-user support.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written format.
5. Demonstrated skills and experience interacting and dealing with clients and customers.
6. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Demonstrated experience with both relational and Multi-valued databases.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.