Administrative Assistant III
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Administrative Assistant III
VP Enrollment Management Services - 7010150
Enrollment Management Services
Cover Letter, Resume
The Administrative Assistant III provides office management and coordination. This individual is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties and supporting daily operations for the Office of Enrollment Management Services. This position frequently handles sensitive and/or highly confidential material; organizes, prioritize, and triages; is proactive and anticipates, and is a vital member of a team responding to internal and external demands. Thrives in a team-oriented environment. Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude are essential.
- Provide administrative support and assistance, including making appointments, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and email.
- Place, answer, screen, and direct telephone calls, providing information or referral as required.
- General office management.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, charts and coordinate various activities or events involving several different constituencies for staff members. This includes handling of confidential information.
- Manage division budget and budget-related transactions.
- Purchase card management / reconciliation.
- Maintain office files in accordance with best practices in document retention and destruction guidelines.
- Assist with processing invoices and departmental charges.
- Assist with travel related arrangements, including Travel Prior approvals, registration, airline reservations, car rentals, hotel reservations, etc.
- Assist with preparing travel and expense reports for reimbursement.
- Assist with the planning and execution of various activities or events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- Three to five years of previous administrative assistant experience
- A high degree of proficiency with computers in a Windows environment
- An advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to respond to various audiences accurately and calmly
- Ability to make decisions under pressure without immediate supervision; and to quickly assess needs and requirements of individuals entering the department
- Ability to interact with students in a positive and holistic manner
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six or more years of previous administrative assistant experience
- Experience in budget management
- Project management experience
- Experience in Banner
- Knowledge of Prezi
- Some knowledge of Enrollment Management functions including Registrar, Admissions, Testing and Financial Aid
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Position requires use of a PCard, therefore successful completion of a credit report may be a condition of employment. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.