Administrative Specialist II
Mtn Home Degree Center
Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Location: ASU-Mountain Home
The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meets and greets public politely at all times while providing accurate information about class offerings in a courteous and professional manner
- Assists in preparing special reports, schedules, and all the general office paper correspondence
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies and orders as needed for the Coordinator's office
- Assists in turning on and off CVN transmission of classes via telecommunication which involves reporting any electronic problems to the appropriate personnel
- Assists instructors in adjusting equipment and lesson material in preparation of classes
- Prepares onsite Instructors' evaluations, as well as CVN evaluations for department and instructors
- Secures the CVN rooms before and after classes
- Maintains knowledge of admissions and registration process; Aids students in the application process as well as registering students for classes
- Schedules exams for students taking internet/internet assisted classes; and, proctors internet, internet assisted, and onsite exams
- Coordinates commencement activities for A-State Jonesboro students and works in conjunction with A-State Mountain Home on joint graduation ceremony
- Serves as designated Coordinator of Teachers Education screening; Assists students with paperwork, compiling and preparing files for the screening committee
- Attends workshops on teachers education to stay informed on changes regarding degree plan for screening
Knowledge of record keeping procedures, the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics, work-related subject area, and computers and software applications.
Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form, establish and maintain filing systems, operate standard office equipment, analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and
procedures, and communicate both orally and in writing.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Has regular contact with department staff, A-State-Mountain Home faculty and staff, A-State-Jonesboro faculty, other state agency/institution personnel, students and general public.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Two (2) years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.