Patient Care Manager Assistant/UKHC
The Trauma Acute Care Surgical Center at UK Chandler Hospital is provide care primarily for adult patients with trauma or acute care surgical conditions. Patient conditions include injuries resulting from blunt and penetrating trauma, and vascular surgeries and is comprised of three units: ICU, Progressive, and Acute.
The Assistant Patient Care Manager (A-PCM) supports the patient care manager (PCM) whose human resource span of control exceeds acceptable UKHC standards. He/She will provide supervision, coaching, mentoring and opportunities for growth to nursing staff and assist in the day to day management of the nursing unit(s). The A-PCM assists with scheduling, payroll management, monitoring of staff competencies, evaluation of staff performance, and special projects as assigned by the PCM. He/she will serve as the manager for clerical staff as appropriate on the assigned unit(s). Increased supervision and staff coaching/mentoring is associated with decreased staff turnover and improved patient outcomes.
Patient Care Manager Assistant/UKHC
RN/Assistant Patient Care Manager/Trauma and Acute Surgical Services
H7000:Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
50% of working time is outside the hours of 8a-4p, some weekends are required.
The ideal candidate will have the following: knowledge of Maslow's eight Basic Human Needs and the priority within Gordon's Functional Health Patterns Frame Work as well as Swanson's Caring model; superb direct patient care and critical thinking skills; basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet; ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, staff, and physicians; and strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skill. The candidate will be highly motivated, pro-active and confident in advocating for staff, patients and their family members. Will also enjoy working in a strong team environment and provides open, honest communication with fellow staff and physicians. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical skills and a proven ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
3-4 years of clinical experience
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter