ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, PENN MEDICINE
Duties: Penn Medicine is one of the world's leading academic medical centers, dedicated to the related missions of medical education, biomedical research, and excellence in patient care. Penn Medicine consists of the Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania (founded in 1765 as the nation's first medical school) and the University of Pennsylvania Health System, which together form a $6.7 billion enterprise.
The Perelman School of Medicine has been ranked among the top five medical schools in the United States for the past 20 years, according to U.S. News & World Report's survey of research oriented medical schools. The School is consistently among the nation's top recipients of funding from the National Institutes of Health, with $392 million awarded in the 2016 fiscal year.
The University of Pennsylvania Health System's patient care facilities include: The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center which are recognized as one of the nation's top Honor Roll hospitals by U.S. News & World Report Chester County Hospital; Lancaster General Health; Penn Wissahickon Hospice; and Pennsylvania Hospital, the nation's first hospital, founded in 1751. Additional affiliated inpatient care facilities and services throughout the Philadelphia region include Good Shepherd Penn Partners, a partnership between Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network and Penn Medicine.
Penn Medicine is committed to improving lives and health through a variety of community-based programs and activities. In fiscal year 2016, Penn Medicine provided $393 million to benefit our community.
Under the limited supervision of both the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations, and the Director of Major Gifts (ADAR), understand and set priorities, meet deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate office work, exercise professionalism in dealing with the public, exhibit good judgment, take initiative, participate in special events and communicate with alumni, trustees, faculty and others in writing and in person.
1. Schedule travel arrangements and coordinate meetings, maintain the Executive Director and Director's calendars, and provide materials (folders, gifts, briefings, etc.) for these meetings.
2. Assist with logistical planning for special events, i.e. securing event sites, room reservations, floral arrangements, audio-visual equipment and travel plans. At times, staff special events as necessary.
3. Handle preliminary prospect research from web sites and search engines. File paperwork for Wealth Reviews, Research Profiles, Ratings, Prospect Assignments and keep logs of requests.
4. Prepare ad hoc queries, exports and reports from databases as needed and/or requested, this includes running online reports. Compile and summarize data for donor and alumni reports. Prepare standardized reports
5. Draft, edit and finalize individual communications and manage select mass mailing.
6. Update address listing by incorporating changes in address in alumni systems and forwarding this information onto alumni records.
7. Represent the Office through telephone and personal contact.
8. Process necessary invoices and budget forms for events and staff.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: 1. High School Diploma required
2. BA/BS preferred
3. Strong organizational and secretarial skills desirable.
4. 3-5 years experience in an office setting required.
5. Alumni relations experience, fundraising experience and/or special events experience a plus.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on several projects simultaneously under extreme deadlines.
7. Willingness to staff events and put in overtime.
8. Must be reliable, resourceful, energetic and a team player.
9. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Reference Number: 90-30325
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Penn Medicine Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative