The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented work force to support our common purposed of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRRECT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the word.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership- which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Web Services Manager is responsible for development and day-to-day maintenance and enhancements to the University of Miami Alumni Association’s website(s) and web applications. The candidate will demonstrate advanced knowledge of modern back-end web programming languages and workflow processes, as well as clear and demonstrable skills related to web application security, web application performance improvements, and web programming testing techniques. The candidate will also have a strong understanding and demonstrated expertise in front-end development, including web content, usability, architecture, and design.
• Design, develop, program, and maintain websites and web applications for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. Work collaboratively with University community to coordinate database and software integrations between the UM Alumni Association and a variety of other information systems.
• Responsible for ensuring all website content is accurate, up-to-date, and aligned with branding, design and editorial standards of the UM Alumni Association and the University of Miami. Partner with University Communications and Information Technology staff to ensure appropriate and complimentary connections with main University of Miami, as well as school and college homepages.
• Serves as technical liaison for creation and implementation of improved web design and functionality for all websites. This includes fluency in HTML, CSS, PHP and other related web programming; accessing web servers, various web applications, and supporting a strategy for developing and maintaining a robust, engaged alumni community through digital platforms.
• Play a critical role in delivering high-quality service and support to various levels of internal and external users, including alumni. This includes support for the UM Alumni Association Email for Life Benefit program, and management of UM Alumni Mobile App user administration, improvements and troubleshooting.
• Manage all UM Alumni-registered web domains, email listservs, and UM Alumni App.
• Serve as the departmental technical liaison providing IT support as needed, and participates in departmental and campus-wide committees for web communications; work with web application vendors as necessary.
• Assist the Director of Communication and Digital Strategy for Alumni Relations in management of all multimedia content development and maintaining social media accounts. This includes account user management, content planning, creation, and scheduling; account monitoring and analytics gathering across platforms.
• Assist with development of HTML design and templates for email communication and marketing.
• Support the development of short and long-term strategic communications and operational plans that align with broad goals of the University and the UM Alumni Association; assist in their implementation.
• Regularly analyze web/online analytics, develop monthly metrics reports, and utilize reporting to inform web content development recommendations and navigation improvements.
• Manage AV equipment and provide technical and AV support for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a major in communications, web design and development, or related discipline preferred.
• 5-7 years of website management/web application experience.
• Must have strong knowledge and experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
• Experience leading a website redesign and redevelopment project is a strong plus.
• Must have strong comprehension of Google Analytics, Mobile Responsive Design, SEO tactics and other web enhancements.
• Must be current on emerging technologies and standards that improve web application functionality, stability, security and performance in the higher education digital space.
• Must be able to work effectively and independently with internal and external constituencies.
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Must be self-motivated and seek to thrive as part of a team.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00001464
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>