Assistant Manager, Events
Assistant Manager, Events
Job Number: 80732
Assistant Manager, Events (Events Planner 1)Office of Special Events and ProtocolJob Code: 4882Classification Level: FExemption: 100% Exempt Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description. Reporting to the Associate Director in the Office of Special Events and Protocol (OSEP), a unit of the Office of External Relations, the Assistant Events Manager is a member of a seven-person dynamic events team planning and executing Stanford high profile events. Consult with stakeholders and plan logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations.
ABOUT OSEP:OSEP is responsible for the production, design and implementation of many of the university's major public ceremonies, including Commencement and other high profile special events. This includes managing special visits by heads-of- state and other high-profile individuals, and producing special events hosted by the University President and Provost. OSEP provides event planning, event management and diplomatic protocol expertise for members of the Stanford community in support of high-level national and international delegations to the Stanford campus. The department also creates and oversees, on behalf of the university, its event policies, procedures, and non-academic event space usage; and provides event planning education and training services to Stanford faculty, staff and students. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the OSEP team in planning, implementing, and coordinating customized events.
- Work with vendors and providers of services considering stakeholder requests and requirements.
- Support and contribute to events team in a wide variety of functional areas.
- Provide financial support related to budget monitoring; purchase requisitions; invoice processing and tracking event expenses.
- Assist with other event administrative tasks and provide general support to OSEP team as needed.
- Consult with project team leaders to determine objectives and requirements, and contribute to unit decisions regarding budget allocation, event logistics and facilities.
- Prepare event facilities to ensure they conform to the event needs.
- Utilize and/or maintain complex databases. May use specialized event planning software.
- Occasional backup support to front desk coordinator.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Associate degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success planning events.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs. (OSEP is a Mac environment).
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of colleagues and customers.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to apply: We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.
Location: Office of Development, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency