Assistant Dean and Director, Career Management Center
Assistant Dean and Director, Career Management Center
Job Number: 80701
Job Code: 7508Level: M
Stanford Graduate School of BusinessResiding in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Assistant Dean and Director of the Stanford GSB Career Management Center (CMC) is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of career services to the school's students, recruiters and alumni. The CMC's mission is to guide and support students and alumni in pursuing meaningful, impactful careers, providing them with a broad range of career resources, events, services, and job search support.
Broadly speaking, the CMC's services for all students include: career education programs, 1:1 career advising, comprehensive career website, job search tools and resources, networking sessions with alumni and employers, alumni and hiring manager connections, 1:1 mock interviews, club partnerships, organization site visits and treks, employment statistics, online job board and resume book, personal career dashboard, on-campus interviewing and timely career information and communications. In addition, the CMC serves alumni at various stages of their careers, and also supports professors' and students' significant others, and on occasion PhD students.
The Stanford CMC is regarded by employers as one of the top career centers in the world and consistently receives top marks for customer service and relationship-building. Thousands of employers use the CMC to recruit Stanford MBAs and alumni each year.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- The CMC Director is a manager of diverse services, technology and staff. In addition to setting the center's vision, strategy, operating plan and annual goals, the director must cultivate and nurture a strong team culture that reflects the GSB's values of innovation, results-orientation, collaboration, respect for academic excellence and professionalism. The center must constantly adapt to changing student and employer expectations, keeping pace with the dynamic economy, and leveraging new technologies.The director manages the team and operations to high standards reflective of the business school as one of the premier institutions in the world, resulting in consistently high student and employer engagement and satisfaction, as well as high student employment rates each year.The CMC Director is an ambassador for the School on all career-related matters to the school's many constituents, providing relevant and timely information and setting expectations:
- Students: Called on to speak about the job market, address student concerns and give students' job search advice and recommendations. Specific student forums include career education programs, Student Association Careers Committee meetings, club meetings, written and direct communications.Employers: Supports and participates in the recruiter conference, recruiter newsletter, in-person and phone meetings and conversations. The director must customize his/her recommendations in conjunction with the Employer Relations team, that tailors employer communication to their unique recruiting needs and resources.Alumni: The director represents the School at the alumni board, alumni events, alumni visits, workshops and reunions. Alumni expectations and knowledge must be continually monitored and addressed as they may be unaware of how the services and student body have changed.
- Bachelor's degree and ten years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experienceMinimum of 5 years of team management experience, with proven success advancing team culture, performance and developmentExperience managing a high quality customer service organizationExperience developing efficient operational teams and processesExperience building customer relationships and outreach campaigns, preferably utilizing CRM tools in addition to direct engagementA strategic thinker who also understands and appreciates operationsStrong organization management, operational and leadership skillsDemonstrated maturity, judgment and decision-making skillsStrong interpersonal and diplomacy skills fostering trust and credibility with diverse team functions that work with varied stakeholders and personalitiesExcellent communication skills, especially public speaking and presentationStrong relationship building with stakeholders, inside/outside of department/schoolA strong affinity and customer service orientation towards students and alumniAppreciation for the unique GSB student academic approach and culture A positive and enthusiastic representative of the organizationAble to thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced role and organization
- Management experience at a top business school career services office is desirableAn advance degree in a related field of study, preferably an MBA from top schoolExperience in online and/or offline recruiting, career development, business development, strategy consulting, and/or customer service management is desirableExperience overseeing technology projects from inception through implementation, including user training/feedback and future upgrade/replacement pathsExperience working with global students and institutionsAffiliation with Stanford/GSB community is desirable
Why Stanford is for You Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues. A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support. A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes. Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums. Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
How to ApplyWe invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency