Administrative Associate 3
Administrative Associate 3
Job Number: 80688
Job code: 4103Grade: F
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology seeks an Administrative Associate 3 to serve as Coordinator of our Clerkship program. The Department provides one of the required Core Clerkship experiences for all MD students in the School of Medicine. The organization and scheduling of the Clerkship's experiences for up to 105 students per year, in 6 week cycles 8 times per year, is the responsibility of the Clerkship Coordinator. The Coordinator works closely with the Clerkship Directors (4 MDs; 2 at Stanford and 2 at outside hospitals) to ensure that all aspects of the clerkship meet high standards for quality and organization.
May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
- Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
- General understanding of the provision of Obstetric and Gynecologic care within an academic medical center.
- Knowledge of OBGYN specialties.
- Strong communication skills.
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency