Director for Study Abroad
Director for Study Abroad
The Study Abroad Office at St. Edward's University is evolving in exciting ways in order to support the university's mission and the vision of Strategic Plan 2022 to provide "transformational pathways to knowledge, experience, understanding, and achievement." St. Edward's aims to provide high quality global experiences at our campus in Angers, France and in collaboration with our international partner universities in select locations. To support these strategic initiatives, the university seeks an innovative, enthusiastic, collaborative, and student-centered director for study abroad. The director manages the day-to-day operations of the Study Abroad Office and fosters a vibrant campus culture of international learning and scholarship through the administration and coordination of student support and global programs.
The Director for Study Abroad reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Academic Support Services (SASS) and works collaboratively with the Associate Vice President for the Center for Applied Learning, Social Impact and Global Initiatives regarding mission, goals, programs, budgets, resource management, assessment, and overall direction for study abroad programs. The Director should be collaborative, visionary, innovative, enthusiastic, student-oriented, motivated, creative, and able to communicate well with students, faculty, staff, and members of the campus and global community.
- Collaborates with Associate VPs to develop short and long-term global initiatives and goals
Plans, manages, promotes and supports study abroad opportunities in collaboration with AVPS, deans, faculty and staff
- Supports the development of study abroad program and curriculum development
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the risk management and travel policies on international programs and programs abroad policies and procedures
- Serves in on call rotation for University Police via the Study Abroad emergency cell phone
- Coordinates with AVPs on Angers, France program; including management of Angers staff, faculty-led summer and semester programs, exchange partners
- Works with faculty to develop, implement, recruit, evaluate, and assess faculty led programs
- Develops, implements and maintains program evaluation, assessment, and improvement
- Develops and maintains data and assessment for the Study Abroad office processes, student participation in programs abroad, retention, and global co-curricular activities on campus sponsored by the office
- Supports and manages initiatives that develop and sustain relationships with international institutional partners
- Plans and manages office and program budgets
- Responsible for global education policy development and implementation
- Collaborates widely across the university with faculty, academic departments, staff and offices; including participation on campus committees
- Manages and supports programs led by faculty planning to teach or sponsor student trips abroad
- Counsels and advises students who are interested in studying abroad
- Collaborates with student groups and others to offer activities and programs related to global education
- Plan and conduct programming to market study-abroad opportunities and support study abroad students
- Collaborates with Student Financial Services to identify scholarship and access opportunities for global engagement sponsored programs
- Maintains oversight of the Terra Dotta database, international agreements, funding sources, and opportunities for studying abroad
- Serves as Professor of Record for SABR courses
- Prepares an annual report for all study abroad programs
- Maintain awareness/knowledge of best practices in global program management
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree required with 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in education abroad
- Demonstrated leadership in international program management
- Experience in program development, risk management, assessment, budget management, and staff supervision
- Experience creating effective campus study abroad orientations, and reentry programs
- Experience living or studying abroad and proficiency in a second language preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents (students, parents, faculty, alumni, on campus staff and overseas staff and institutions) required
- Domestic and international personnel supervision and evaluation experience required
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, email, and databases.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
- Ability to use discretion and tact in working with confidential/sensitive information.
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal background check.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 4,600 students, the university offers approximately 50 academic programs for undergraduates and seven master's degree programs. The St. Edward's community is diverse and cosmopolitan. Students from more than 50 countries are currently enrolled at the university and St. Edward's partners with 21 universities located in 16 countries around the world. The university is committed to preparing students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization, ubiquitous technology and relentless change. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff that work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at www.stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please attach a resume and cover letter to the application. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency